Associated costs with re- / retro-commissioning:
• Commissioning consultant’s fees for planning, investigating, implementing and closing the re-/retro-commissioning project
• Facilitate staff time and cost of including other professionals in the process
• Cost of correcting problems identified by re-commissioning
• Restorative maintenance costs to return equipment or systems to proper condition
Ideal candidates for re- / retro-commissioning are:
• Existing buildings that have never been commissioned
• Buildings that were commissioned more than five years ago
• Existing buildings with newly replaced mechanical HVAC equipment
• Existing building with a building automation system that is not being monitored
• Buildings with known comfort problems
Christopher Wong, B.A.Sc., EIT, is a Commissioning Agent with the LEED® & Engineering Services division of Provident Energy Management Inc. He can be reached at 416-736-0630 ext 1014 or email@example.com.
< Back Copyright © CondoBusiness All rights reserved.